Austinburg Truck Center is actively seeking a full-time Service Advisor for its newly constructed Volvo/Mack truck sales and service dealership located in Austinburg, Ohio. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new business, in a brand new multi-million dollar facility with new equipment and systems throughout. Do you have experience working on Class 8 Trucks? Do you have experience working on Mack or Volvo trucks? Do you have any related certifications such as ASE or Mack/Volvo? Do you take pride in working on your personal vehicles? Are you looking to bring your skills to a company that cares about you like family, wants to see you succeed, and gets to know you as more than just a coworker? Do you like the "small town" feel of Ashtabula County? If this sounds like the job you've been looking for, we want to meet you!
Our Service Advisor position has a very competitive compensation package, with base wage starting at $17for entry level Advisors. We also offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, paid vacation, and more! Overtime, additional shifts, and weekends will be available. And did we mention that you'll get to work in a COMPLETELY NEW FACILITY!
ABOUT AUSTINBURG TRUCK CENTER
Austinburg Truck Center is a brand-new Mack and Volvo Class 8 truck dealership located in an ideal location at the intersection of US RT 90 and State Route 45 in Austinburg, OH. Offerings include all Mack and Volvo commercial lines, parts and service, and more. The total staff of 15-25 employees will be the premiere resource for all commercial truck needs in the area.
You will help create a new culture that delivers excellent customer service, while drawing on the combined resources of entities which have over 70 years of Mack Truck experience, and 150 years of combined business experience. Everything you touch will be brand new - from the precast concrete building all the way down to your tools and equipment inside.
RESPONSIBLITIES FOR SERVICE ADVISOR BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Schedule maintenance work and advise customer of completion time
- Assign maintenance work and track progress
- Maximize use of available direct hours
- Handle customer inquiries regarding service work
- Enter labor charges on repair orders and assure accuracy of repair order information
- Assist in overall warranty process, ensure proper procedures are followed and coding of repair orders
- Promote specials and promotions; suggest associated service work and offer other dealerships services as appropriate.
- Help maintain volume of workflow in department
- Maintain Service Department library and pertinent information
- Post pricing on menu board
- Listen to the customer description of the problems or service needed.
- Determine the type of service required and prepare a service order
- Obtain customer authorization and signatures for all repairs.
- Dispatch repair orders to technicians on your team.
- Prepare and present the customer with quotes for all repairs.
- Communicate with the customer and technician during repairs.
- Work with the technician to ensure the repair is completed.
- Prepare and invoice Repair Order RO.
- Contact the customer for pick up or delivery.
- Ensure that secured payment is made prior to releasing serviced vehicles.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SERVICE ADVISOR
- Previous experience in a service advisor or writer type role
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components of vehicle
- High school diploma is preferred. Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with people
- Dependable and organized
- Candidates not already residing in Northeast, OH must be willing to relocate
Computer skills necessary to effectively perform duties outlined
Do you have a strong work ethic? Are you known for going above and beyond? Do you have a winning attitude and approachable personality? Do you take pride in your work? If so, you might just be perfect for this Service Advisor position.
This is a full-time, hourly position working within a multi-shift operation including working on Saturdays with some flexibility, depending on needs. This position is in-person at the facility not work-from-home.
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you have the experience we are looking for and are the right fit for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!