Parts Dept. Manager (Austinburg, OH)
Austinburg Truck Center is actively seeking a full-time salaried Parts Manager position for its newly constructed Volvo/Mack truck sales and service dealership located in Austinburg, Ohio. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new business, in a brand new multi-million dollar facility with new equipment and systems throughout. Do you enjoy organizing things? Have you ever worked in a parts department before? Do you have experience in the Class 8 Trucks industry? Do you have experience working with inventories? Do you have experience using dealership-software to help stay organized? Do you enjoy interacting with customers and vendors? Are you looking to bring your skills to a company that cares about you like family, wants to see you succeed, and gets to know you as more than just a coworker? Do you like the "small town" feel of Ashtabula County? If this sounds like the job you've been looking for, we want to meet you!
Our Parts Manager position has a very competitive compensation package, with a range depending on experience. We also offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, paid vacation, and more! And did we mention that you'll get to work in a COMPLETELY NEW FACILITY!
ABOUT AUSTINBURG TRUCK CENTER
Austinburg Truck Center is a brand-new Mack and Volvo Class 8 truck dealership located in an ideal location at the intersection of US RT 90 and State Route 45 in Austinburg, OH. Offerings include all Mack and Volvo commercial lines, parts and service, and more. The total staff of 15-25 employees will be the premiere resource for all commercial truck needs in the area.
You will help create a new culture that delivers excellent customer service, while drawing on the combined resources of entities which have over 70 years of Mack Truck experience, and 150 years of combined business experience. Everything you touch will be brand new - from the precast concrete building all the way down to your tools and equipment inside.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PARTS DEPARTMENT POSITION
- Working knowledge of inventories and inventory systems
- Ability to learn dealership-specific software
- Minimum of high school diploma is preferred
- Customer/vendor relationship skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with people
- Dependable and organized
- Experience in Class 8 truck industry is preferred
- Experience using inventory / dealership software is preferred
- Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Candidates not already residing in Northeast, OH must be willing to relocate.
RESPONSIBLITIES, INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Promotes and sells counter and work order parts
- Works in concert with Service Manager and Sales to determine parts needs
- Monitors and controls parts and major components inventories
- Assembles, reviews, and places stock orders on a regular basis
- Approves and/or places all emergency and expedited parts orders
- Monitors freight and/or transportation costs for all parts transactions
- Places oil and grease orders and monitors inventory
- Assists with Service Manager's duties in the absence of Service Manager
- Assists with marketing efforts relating to parts
- Reconciles customer disputes and complaints
- Maintain a clean and organized parts area
- Driving a fork truck
- Receiving and processing warehouse inventory
- Purchase order processing
- Warranty process coordination
- Performing inventory controls and keeping quality standards high for audits
- Ordering Parts
- Helping service personnel upon request
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Do you have a strong work ethic? Are you known for going above and beyond? Do you have a winning attitude and approachable personality? Do you take pride in your work? Can you lift up to 100 lbs? If so, you might just be perfect for this Parts Department position.
This is a full-time salary position working within a multi-shift operation including working on Saturdays with some flexibility, depending on needs. This position is in-person at the facility not work-from-home.
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you have the experience we are looking for and are the right fit for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!